Friday 28 November 2014

Oldie for Friday........................

not posted one of these in a while, but there has been talk of knitting on a few blogs and I remembered this cardigan I knitted and decided to get it out and take a photo...........




this is an adult sized one.....................which I knitted for myself but it came about because I knitted Emily one when she was around 4years old which she wore with a little red kilt, black tights and little black patent boots............................I loved how it looked so decided to knit the lot bigger version!!!




I remember how heavy it started to feel as I got towards the end of knitting it.................................




although this was knitted about 25 years ago I can't bear to part with it.............................


All for now folks.......

have a good weekend

xxGailxx



 

6 comments:

  1. Gail, I use to knit aran cardigans and jumpers years ago. I bought the oiled Aran wool on cones, it was great as less joins plus with oiled wool my hands were always besutiful and soft. Your cardigan is still in good condition so why part with it. Have a good weekend. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it, a super knit.
    Hazel and I used to knit these all the time.
    Like she said we bought the wool on a huge cone. Knitted with no joins it was brilliant.
    I certainly would not get rid of your cardigan, it still looks so good. Bet it is still very cosy.
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail
    You would think its brand new! I hope you still wear it as it looks so cosy and warm.
    My Mum used to make smaller versions of her clothes for me lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous work Gail. I always fancied one of these in an edge to edge design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, what a gorgeous cardigan! I'm always in awe of multi-talented crafters. I wouldn't part with this either!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. While doing the House of Cards Blog Hop I saw the comments you left on The Ducks Doodahs blog about digis not being user friendly. Check out this tutorial by Deedee...she writes amazingly easy to follow tutorials. I have shared this link with my friends on Scrapbook.com and they loved it and started using digis now and then. She also has several free stamps that you can play around with and won't cost you a thing!
    http://www.deedeesdigis.com/2013/10/digis-101-tutorial.html
    Kathy D.
    Deedee's Digis Sponsorship Coordinator
    http://www.deedeesdigis.com/

    ReplyDelete