Friday 12 June 2015

Just sneaking in with Oldie for Friday......................

an apron made in the project class I used to attend..............................


just a waist band 'pinny' not the full monty like granny used to wear.....................

 

some stitching and some stamping......................


 

finished this part (the waistband) at home...........................



I was always one of the slowest in the class.............................


the stitching down each side of the apron.......................


I actually loved making this, partly because it was something that I would never have attempted at home and also because I hadn't made anything using a sewing machine for more years that I care to remember..................

Something a little different and again down to the expert tuition of Julie Atkinson who used to test us, as a class on a regular basis and we always rose to the challenge even when initially some of thought we can't possibly do this...................................

just shows!!

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend whatever you are up to.

xxGailxx



 

10 comments:

  1. Brilliant project Gail I love all the pretty detail.
    It's amazing what we can achieve under wonderful, expert, tuition.
    Have a great weekend
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, a great " oldie". It's amazing what crafters can turn their hand too? It's these skills that are going. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail
    Love your pinny. I can't sew for toffee so always doff my cap to those who can.
    I need the full monty with the mess I make when baking lol!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Love all of the embroidery Just about to embark on a bit of sewing after a break of about 20 years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a pretty apron! I love sewing too, I wish I had more time to sew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS good luck with the walk tonight

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings Gail what a super cute apron design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings Gail what a super cute apron design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, you are such a multi-talented crafter! So sorry for being a terrible blogger (again!!). I hope you are well.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete