Friday 12 September 2014

Oldie for Friday........................

not a project or card but hopefully coming to a project or card sometime soon!!.........................

I made these a good while ago, possibly 18mths/2years ago after watching a demo on TV and never found anything to use them on - they are a little deep to put on cards to post out - but maybe I will trim a box up with them - along with all the other crafty things I have in mind to do......................in theory it is great,  putting it into practice is a different ball game as I'm sure a lot of you will agree...........

anyway here they are.............

 
 


 

'Carnations'

                                                                                                         'Rose Buds'

 
 
 


 
 
 
                                                                                              'Not Sure'
 
 
All of the above were made using SB Blossom Five - and to think when I bought it, I never thought I would use it, that was until I saw the demos.  It came in a bundle of dies, which is how I ended up with it  - just goes to show - never judge a book by its cover and all that.
 
The carnations were made by spritzing with water and scrunching and adding DI's to the edges.
 
I also used the DI's on the Rose Buds and the 'Not Sure' flowers, the plain one was made with Centura pearl card so didn't ink that as it would have just rubbed off.  Depending on the amount of ink you use gives a different finish.
 
My latest fad is making hatpins - I made twelve on Tuesday night and another four last night - now just have to photo them to put on the blog - I have really enjoyed making them and really chuffed how they have turned out.
 
Another beautiful day here and another fab walk with the Granpuppy tonight, just feel so lucky that we can still walk out without jackets and fleeces, but I know it won't last so making the most of it.
 
Thanks for popping by
 
xxGailxx
 
 

 
 
 

 
 

 
 


 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Gail
    Crikey, you were busy. The carnations are amazing. I'm sure they will look great on a box or gift bag. I love making flowers ( been doing some fuchsias this afternoon).
    Still in a t shirt but don't think it will last lol!
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail these are fab, they would look really good on the gift bags made from the A4 die. Then it wouldn't matter how deep they were and I think they would look gorgeous on them. Enjoy your weekend Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Gail, those flowers are FANTASTIC.
    As Hazel and Ang said they would took terrific on the X Cut Gift bags or boxes.
    I love making flowers and use most of what I make on Boxes and Bags.
    Have a wonderful weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, these flowers look stunning! So beautifully created - I'll look forward to seeing the project you decide to use them on!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete