Tuesday 9 September 2014

Some more grey......................................

this is a felt bag I bought from the craft shop where I used to do a weekly class - I only went for a few months before she closed it down as it wasn't keeping busy enough......................bit of a vicious circle I think as she didn't have much stock so when customers came in for things she was always saying she didn't have it..............................so no purchase =  no money to buy stock - not easy I'm sure but they do very well at craft shows so decided to put all their efforts into that and closed the shop down last year.....................................

Anyway I'm glad I managed to buy this as I haven't seen one anywhere else and although I have had it for a while now, I only decided to trim it up a couple of months ago, so here goes.................





 
 
I decided to transpose the colours of the flowers on the reverse of the bag...................................
 
 



Ingredients used:-

Craft shop purchase felt bag
SB Floret Dies
SB Foliage Dies
Felt from Creative Studios
Gems coloured with Promarkers to co-ordinate

Something a little different and hopefully you like.


I would also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who visits and leaves such encouraging comments and also to those who just visit - like Patricia (Summerhouse) says when you look at the page views it sometimes amazes me that so many people take the time to visit but understand that if we commented on each and every one we could make a full time living out of it - I comment on the majority of sites I visit but not all as I would be permanently glued to the screen!!
 
Anyway bye for now - I am determined to find something to put on Oldie Friday this week as I have not participated for a few months........................so watch this space!!
 
xxGailxx

6 comments:

  1. Gail. Love your bag and what you have done with adding the flowers etc. we use to have little bags that we added embellishments too. Yes you are right these little craft shops have to have stock in so people can get what they go in for. We are so lucky here in Cupar with our Poles Apart shop, Adrian share his shop with his Dad who runs the carpet/ curtain etc. side of things. It works for them both and we have a fabulous craft shop that is run by a lovely family. Also like you say I can have over a 100 people looking at my blog and only 18 leaving comments. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Gail,
    I really LOVE what you have done with your Felt Bag. What a difference flowers and some colours can make.
    Think I have started you all thinking ........ all those "looker inners" and the amount of comments. I know I look in on lots of Blogs, would end up spending all day commenting.
    I do like to leave wee comments on as many as possible.
    Hugs

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super bag Gail. It's a pity that the small shops cannot survive but everything is so available online and so often much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the style/shape of this bag. The coloured flowers totally transform the bag.

    Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gail
    Love the bag and the flowers really zing it up. wouldn't mind a bigger one for my shopping lol!
    The blog stats were something John and I were chatting about a while ago as I never used to look but its amazing when you do and all the different countries too.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, love how you've decorated this! The flowers are gorgeous and the lovely colours really pop against the grey.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete