Thursday 2 January 2014

Another twofer.........

I made these cards for relatives birthdays in April and May last year.......




this was the one for made for an April birthday and I was so pleased with how it turned out I made her mum (my sister) more or less the same..........see below...




The flower is made with SB Vintage floret dies which are fab - it was a bit of an experiment for me as I used velum which was from some wrapping that I had received and thought was so nice I couldn't throw it away.  I die cut it, not being sure whether it would cut okay but felt I had nothing to lose as it was 'free' stash!!  It was quite a heavy weight velum with a self pattern on it but you cannot see this as I then brushed a Versamark ink pad randomly over the constructed flower and then added gold embossing powder and even if I say it myself I just luved the end result (it floats my boat anyway)!

I scored the bottom third of the cards a-la Sue Wilson and I used SB Moroccan Accents border for the first card - which I cut using both colours of card (CE coconut white and soft gold) and offset them.  I used SB Classic Scallop border die for the second card.  SB Enchanted Labesl 28 and SB Labels 28 for the sentiment base and the first sentiment I think is a computer generated one and the second one is from a sheet of stamps from Crafters Companion that I have had for yonks!!  I used an M-bossablity folder for the top two-thirds of the cards using each side for the two cards, so although very similar they are also different (to me anyway)!!

I only made these two cards in this style last year but I may just may make them again this year for general birthdays because on revisiting them I still like them as much as I did when I first made them,  - hopefully you will too.


xxGailxx

Can I also just post a thanks to Marie Louise who has given me advice on how to update my blog page to allow followers and also to show the blogs that I follow - Thanks Marie, it is much appreciated xx



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Gail. The flowers are great. Love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your beautiful cards, yes! They are similar but still very different.
    Really like your flowers.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a compliment from the 'queen of flowers' thank you xx

      Delete
  3. Love your cards goes to show how you can do something similar yet they are different. Yes I would love to be able to show how the scrapbook project turns out but iam have to be careful as it's nursery children. Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Gail
    Loving the enchanted labels. Fab design, especially how you've done the flowers. I made a card yesterday, scoring the bottom (Steady now!) but can't show it just yet (all will become clear soon).
    Onwards and upwards now chuck with your blogging adventures!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete