Monday 20 January 2014

Sorry I've been missing for a while.........

I've been on my jollies so that is why there have been no posts - but fortunately I managed to keep up-to-date with all the blogs that I try (and usually manage) to follow on a daily basis......

Here is a card that I made for our son for his birthday last March - I really do struggle with mens cards but because of the local football team that both he and my significant other support, owls always go down a treat.......



I used the black and khaki card from CE neutral card pack which I inked around the edge with Distress Inks to give it an aged feel......the stamp is one from Indigo Blu and the branch stamp is one that I have had for a while.......I masked the owl after stamping so that I could stamp the branch to make him look as though he his perched on it, the branch is only very narrow so stamped it a few times at different angles and lengths to hopefully give it a natural look......I wanted to keep this card simple - hence no die-cutting in this one, just simple matting and layering. I kept the sentiment simple too and again just matted and layered to match........I wanted the card to look like an old picture that could be framed if the sentiment was not there, hopefully I achieved it.........

Thanks for popping by and as always thanks for you support and comments.

xx Gail xx




4 comments:

  1. Great card Gail. Ideal for those "hard to do" male cards. Good to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a good holiday in a nice place and good weather.
    Love your card, great owl


    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail
    Hope you enjoyed your hols.
    Love your owl. Its a hoot! Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete