Wednesday 22 January 2014

Making up for lack of blogging over the last couple of weeks......

here is the card I made for our son in 2012 as it was a special birthday for him ..........





the finished card was A4 in size so I took lots of photos in close up so I could recall exactly what I had done - I didn't even know blogs existed then but I am so pleased I kept a record of cards I made so I can share then now.........





the calendar is from Tim Holtz and I circled date of his birthday..........

the playing cards are from a Christmas cracker (I know - what a way to recycle)!!  they are just a smaller version of a proper pack of playing cards and kept them to use on holidays.......
so glad I did now......



 sorry this is a bit blurred - but wanted to try and show up the crackle glaze



the clock is another from Tim Holtz as are the clock fingers.....

I crackle glazed the playing cards to give them aged look and added initials/numbers where appropriate to spell out his name and age......and the time he was born on the clock face.....

I wasn't sure whether to post this card as all the details on it are so personal to him, but I wanted to show the comparison between his 2012 card and his 2013 card which I posted yesterday which is very simple in comparison.....the card was also very appropriate as he went to Las Vegas for his 30th so all in all a 'winner' (sorry) I think as I know he absolutely loved it and although it has a lot going on - it was all relevant to that particular birthday and if you can't go a bit overboard for a milestone birthday - then when can you??

Hope you are still with me and I can assure you that I do not have any other cards with as many photos.......
so you can all breathe a sigh of relief!!

Thanks for popping by and again thanks for your comments and support

xx Gail xx






4 comments:

  1. Great card Gail. I'll bet he was delighted with it. Funny thing I kept a set of Christmas cracker playing cards also but have not yet used them (a year later).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail
    Thank you for sharing this special card. I bet your son was thrilled with it. Filling an A4 size card is very daunting but you did it well chuck.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, just perfect for your sons birthday.
    I have a pack of these cards waiting to be used!!!!
    Have a fantastic weekend

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card you have made for your son, those little playing cards have worked well on it. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete