Saturday 10 May 2014

A blast from the past.............................

this is actually a card a made a couple of years ago after watching Sue Wilson on C&C - I was fascinated how she mixed up the die-cuts she used and I have to admit that it was not something I had thought about doing (derrhh)!! like I say it was a couple of years ago!

I was so intrigued to see what I could create with the dies that I had, and this is what I came up with...............................




funnily enough I have called this card 'Experiment Card' when I saved it on my PC.

I never gave it out to anyone, firstly because the borders and sentiment die are very delicate and I      don't think it would survive the post and secondly I wanted to keep it to refer back too - a reminder to try and remember to 'think outside the box'


                                            


I also used the letterpress technique - which I am guessing Sue also demonstrated on this particular day - as I seem to have tried several techniques on this card that I have not done since.......................


           


as you can see the letterpress is not that brilliant but I do remember it being the best of a bad bunch, which is why I am guessing I have not tried it again...........................I really must have another go though as I do like the look of it.

I also did the SW piercing technique, which again I have not done since!!  

I think I must have been really 'fired up' to create something different on that day because I have never made anything quite like it since - maybe I will have to have another go with different dies - maybe a lucky dip type thing and see what I can come up with!!!!!!

The one consistent thing is the colour combo (sorry) and I have to say that my next post is mono-chrome too - but I have made a note to myself that I will use a different colour palate for the next card I make - honest!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

xxGailxx






6 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Gail. The black and white combo is always so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail
    Wow, love it! I saw your comment on Sue's blog and have been looking forward to seeing what you had done. Not disappointed, its fab!
    Make em any colour you like chuck!
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Gail,
    Love this stunning card. Maybe done a while ago but still right on trend. That's the great thing about using Dies.
    This would look fab in any colour combo.
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail this is stunning, the black and white combo is lovely, come on girl get your dies out and make more of this card layout in different colours as they will be fab. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gail
    Just to say, Sharpies are a brand of permanent markers that come in bright colours.
    Have a great Sunday. GP time now for me, hurrah!
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful monochrome card design Gail.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete