Thursday 15 May 2014

Monochrome again.........................

this colour combo seems to be the one that I go for most................

maybe it is also because I have the bit and bobs left on my desk from previous card projects.................

I also had a 'dig' through my 'lots' box (everyone else has a 'bits' box)!! and found the frame I had made from a previous project that didn't work at the time - so out it came and the card was designed around the frame..............................

here is my creation...........................


 
 
also the first outing of the faux quilled leaves
 
 


it took me nearly as long to make the bow (believe it or not) as it did the rest of the card.......................



I really don't know why as all it is, is a piece of black tuille tied in a knot with bakers twine and a CE pearl dazzler in the middle - what is hard about that but it seemed to take ages to get it just right, size wise and position wise...............................................

Ingredients used:-

M-bossabilities Dainty Dots emboss folder for the white background
M-bossabilities Garden Lattice for the black frame
SW California Basic Frames A
SW California Decorative Frames B
SW Faux Quilled Leaves
SB Spiral Blossoms dusted with CE Iced Snow
Indigo Blu Sentiment Stamp

I hope you like.....................................

the next card I will post will definitely not be black and white.

Thanks for popping by to see what I get up to in my spare time.....................


also a belated 'hello' to PharmacyMichelle who commented on a previous blog

and Diane who has commented on a couple - Thank You it means so much as I know how precious time is.


xxGailxx






 

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Gail. I love the black and white theme - I think it is very elegant. I no longer have a "bits" box - I gave away a load of paper and die cuts and the rest went into the recycling bin. I just could not look at them any longer and actually it feels great not to have this load of "bits" making the craft room look untidy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gail
    I don't mind what colour your cards are as they're fab! Not a fan of the quilled leaves set but love everything else chuck, the flowers in particular.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Gail. I don't mind you showing us black and white cards, they are gorgeous, I am not brave enough to use black yet, maybe it's because I don't wear it as a colour either. Have a good day. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Gail, another who does not mind "black and white"
    I love your card, the design is wonderful. The bow is great even if it did take a while to get right.
    Glad you have started a "bit box" it's amazing what you can create from it.
    Have a great day
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Gail it's X Cut A 4 die set. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete